Untouchable

Untouchable

The pale moon shimmers on your skin,
Behind me darkness grows
Your azure eyes, concealed by shrouds,
Beyond my weakness glows
A wraith-like crest, upon your crown
A prehistoric rose
Your tragic beauty, yet unstained
Has filled my tale of woes

Your gaunt and slender cheeks betray
The richness of your touch
Your sorrel locks, like rivers flow
Ensnare me in your clutch
Your fragrance sweet like honeyed mead,
Has brought me to my knees
Your virgin lips, now cracked with age
Can no longer appease

Yes I’m the blind man in this tale,
This sorrowful lament
For I fell in love, and fell again,
And now my love is spent
I could have wandered all the worlds
For all my living days
To give you every fallen star
And the sun’s forgotten rays

Alas it has to be this way,
You remain just out of reach
You float beyond the tattered veil,
To hearken to my speech
All the angels in the sky
And all the beasts of hell
Shed bitter tears of envy
As I bid my last farewell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

Tomorrow

My Garden