Tomorrow

 Tomorrow 



Tomorrow's come and gone again, the sky's still painted blue

The fading light has found my eyes still filled with tears for you

I wish so much that you had stayed, and not have gone away

There is so much that's left undone, still so much to say

I know that you are happy now, you're in a better place

But what is there I wouldn't give, to once more see your face


Tomorrow's come and gone again, yet I still don't understand

How is this just, how is this fair, is this really a kind hand 

For as you left with no goodbye, you may have failed to see

How painful your departure was, how much it still hurts me

And although you've gone and passed us by, you did not leave alone

You took along a piece of me, and filled my heart with stone 


Tomorrow's come and gone again, and still I miss you so

And if you could hear the words I say, I'd want for you to know

That all the tears I've cried for you, all the emptiness and pain

Just goes to show the life you lived, was not one  lived in vain

And so when tomorrow comes again, I'll still be waiting here

And hoping a tomorrow comes, that will wipe away my tear

Comments

  1. Yosef, this is a nice poem except for the last line of the first stanza that says, "But what is there I wouldn't give, to once more see your face" Shouldn't it say, "But what is there I would give, to once more see your face" or "There is nothing I wouldn't give, to once more see your face?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

My Garden