Survivor

Survivor


My eyes sigh from the pain of a void deep within
And the emptiness felt as a result of the sin
And the wrinkles and lines that caress my worn face
Tell of tragic events, and of a forgotten grace
My leathery hands relate tales of their own
And my ancient attire, of a generation out grown
My shoulders are stooped I lack the strength to move on
I cannot step forward for the light is now gone
My vision is blurring I’m starting to cry
I lie in my bed I am waiting to die
I’m surrounded by vultures, they are laying in wait
They’re filled with conviction that I’ll fall for the bait
I have one last defense I clutch close to my heart
For without it those vultures will tear me apart
A chill filled with fear runs down my spine
I’m engulfed by the darkness like a bottomless mine
The horizons are narrow I now see the end
For there are some things in life that time just can’t mend
I’m pursed by a past that won’t go away
As it’s shadowy tendrils start to hold sway
And like ghosts of the night that don’t disappear
The visions of pain start to draw near
And as the skeletons rise from their graves in the ground
I pity the ones that made the wrong sound
And as an icy cold takes hold of my chest
I must tell myself G-d does only what’s best

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

Tomorrow

My Garden