Legacy

Legacy

I hold the feather in my hands the parchments plain and bare
The inkwell’s resting in its place right next to her chair
The canvas hangs upon the wall depicting foreign grace
A teardrop rolls down from my eye as I picture your face
My eyes gaze out the window with a contemplating look
I see the children playing they are splashing in the brook
I think back to a time ago when all was gay and light
And our parents’ would instruct us what was wrong and what was right
And we’d run out through the forest and chase the baby deers
We’d sit next to the waterfall its sound would sooth our fears
We’d talk sweetly to each other as if we were in love
And we’d behold in wonder as the eagle chased the dove
We’d climb up the biggest mountain its peak covered with snow
And in our cave that we had found we’d shoot the arrow with the bow
My mind is filled with memories of how things used to be
But my heart is filled with anguish since you’re not here with me
I look down at the parchment so simple and so plain
And I wonder at its fortune that it can’t feel the pain
I dip the feather in the ink and I begin to write
I’m transcribing my emotions and how they’re darker than the night
But then the kids come running in with their smiles all ablaze
Its somehow reminiscent as if I’m in a haze
I see you clearly in the smile that’s painted on her face
As she draws closer for the love of a comforting embrace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

Tomorrow

My Garden