Sunset



Sunset

I am lost and tossed against the waves
As upon my soul the tempest laves
Battered by the zephyrs song
As my dreams refuse to sing along
Lonely as a desperate squall
I wonder should I care at all
Yet there is still so much to do
Before the sun sinks out of view

I am restless as the flight-less bird
Forced to fight for every word
As embers hiss and won’t be still
To fan the flames that fuel my will
For every song the songsters sing
Another one will lose its wings
And for every stroke the painters paint
How many stay sealed in restraint

I am hounded by the un-walked trail
And all the seas I will not sail
And all the mountains made to climb
And all the snows of wintertime
No longer can I stay the trance
Nor further can the hope advance
For there is still so much to do
Before the sun sinks out of view

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

My Garden

Tomorrow