Whiter Sands

Whiter Sands


The waves that collide by the oceans great side
Reminds me of the day when time did not die
And the sand that sparkles whiter than snow
Brings to mind of a time when you did not have to know
We would stroll through the lane beneath poplar and oak
And when the occasion would call I’d light up a smoke
You would trek over mountains, I over hills
And the wolves out at night would give us the chills
And we’d sit out night and gaze up at the stars
Together we cherished the love that was ours
And the fire burns low and the embers would hiss
I would lean over and give you a kiss
And the moon would shine bright as our heads would droop low
And you’d wake up once or twice as the ravens would crow
And the owls would hoot as the fox would draw near
It would wink at us both and you’d shed a tear
But then they came from afar on that fateful day
With their swords and their drums looking for play
They stumbled across our roundabout place
Alas I could not save you for there were ten in my face
Take you they did in a chain made of steel
And through all of the pain it just didn’t seem real
And so I set out with my sword at my side
And took the best horse on which I could ride
Over mountain and stream, forest and brook
Through rocky terrain and through caves did I look
High and low I wandered for you
For without you at my side I knew not what to do
Many years passed as I sank in despair
Till at last came the day when I just did not care
So over the mountains I walked once again
Through the forests and streams where you could have been
I ran and I walked past the brook and the plane
And I would not stop even when it would rain
And at last as I stand by the oceans great shore
I long for a chance to be together once more
But as I stand, and the great waves collide
I can do nothing to cry to be at your side

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exile

Tomorrow

My Garden